an easy and refreshing side dish
2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
2 cups watermelon juice*
1 1/2 cups white grape juice
1 tsp. shredded lemon or orange peel
1 1/2 cups assorted chopped fruit (I used peeled peaches and nectarines and green grapes)
optional topping: 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese and mint leaves (I know it sounds weird, but the recipe I found called for it and so I listened. It tastes quite good)
1. In a medium saucepan sprinkle gelatin over watermelon juice. Let stand 5 minutes. Then cook over medium until gelatin is dissolved. Stir in grape juice and citrus peel.
2. transfer half the mixture to an 8x8 baking dish. Add fruit. Cover and refrigerate about 1 1/2 hours or until it is set. (keep remaining watermelon juice at room temperature).
3. Spoon remaining juice mixture on top. Cover and refrigerate for and additional 1 1/2 hours or more.
4. Top with feta and mint (at least try the mint if you can :) before serving.
* to juice watermelon, puree chunks in the blender and strain to remove pulp. It took about 1/3 of a melon to make 2 cups.