1 lb Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed
¾ cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
1 Tbsp flour (or tapioca starch)
1-2 tsp. fresh thyme
2 cloves garlic minced
salt and freshly cracked pepper
1 cup heavy cream
½ cup panko breadcrumbs (just pulse bread in blender until you have crumbs and bake at 300º until crispy, about 10 minutes, stirring once)
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
1-2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 350º. Shave the sprouts crosswise into ⅛-inch thick slices.
2. In a large bowl, combine the sprouts, cheddar, flour, thyme, and garlic and toss to combine.
3. Transfer the mixture to an 8-inch baking dish. Pour cream evenly on top.
4. In a small bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, parmesan, and olive oil and pour over the top of the Brussels sprouts mixture.
5. Bake, uncovered until sprouts are tender, the sauce is bubbling, and the top is golden brown (25-30 minutes). Garnish with parsley.
|delicious crispy topping.|