Ingredients:2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 large shallot, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
½ tsp. cinnamon
¼ tsp. ground cloves
pinch of nutmeg
1 lb fresh or frozen cranberries
¾ cup dried apricots, finely chopped
¾ cup dark brown sugar or other sweetener like coconut sugar
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
salt and pepper
1. In a medium saucepan, heat the oil. Add the shallot and garlic and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes.
2. Add the cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg, and cook, stirring, 2 minutes.
3. Add the cranberries apricots, sugar, vinegar, and ¼ cup water and cook, stirring, until the cranberries start to burst, about 5 minutes.
4. Mash some of the cranberries, and cook, stirring, until the chutney thickens, about 5 minutes.
5. Stir in the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Let cool before serving.
makes 2 ¼ cups