|This dish has become a favorite with our whole family (the kids asked for seconds which is pretty rare). The flavor combination is so so good. Easy to make and super nutritious, what's not to love? adapted from annies-eats.com|
Ingredients:2 tsp. olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
3-4 jalapeños, seeded and finely chopped
1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed well
1 ¼ cups vegetable or chicken broth
1 can black beans (or equivalent soaked and cooked black beans), drained and rinsed
1 cup fresh corn kernels (or frozen or canned)
½ tsp. salt
⅓ cup chopped fresh cilantro
½ lime juiced
1 tomato, diced (or can diced tomatoes)
sour cream or plain greek yogurt
cooked shredded chicken (optional)
1. Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and jalapeño and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
2. Stir in quinoa and broth and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cover. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
3. Then add beans, corn, tomato, and salt. Cook for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until liquid is fully absorbed.
3. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro and lime juice.
4. Serve over a bed of spinach if desired and top with shredded chicken, cheese, sour cream, salsa, and avocado