2 1/2 cup whole grain flour (I used kamut)
2 Tbsp. ground flax
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup chilled butter, cubed
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup water
1 tsp. vanilla
1. Whisk together flour, flax, sugar, salt, cinnamon, baking soda.
2. Add cubed butter and cut in by hand or in mixer or food processor.
3. Add honey, water, and vanilla and mix until combined. Add a bit more water if dough is too dry.
4. Shape dough into a flat disk and place between 2 sheets of wax or parchment paper
5. Roll dough out until about 1/8 inch thick. Cut into squares or use a cookie cutter to make shapes. Combine scraps and repeat.6. Place on parchment lined baking sheet. Prick in several places with a toothpick. Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon-sugar if desired and bake for about 15 minutes.