16 oz cauliflower, cut into florets
3/4 cup egg whites (about 5 eggs)
2 cups mozzarella cheese
garlic or onion powder
6 slices bacon, roughly chopped
8 oz fresh spinach
2 garlic cloves, minced
olive oil, about 1 Tbsp.
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1 cup freshly grated provolone cheese
1/3 cup freshly grated fontina cheese (can substitute gouda or mild gruyere)
1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1. Lightly steam cauliflower. Put into colander and press out as much water as you can by pressing down with a plate, squeezing with hands, and blotting with paper towel. The drier you get it the crispier the crust will be. Preheat oven to 450º
2. Add to blender or food processor and pulse a few times until you have rice-sized pieces.
3. Add egg whites and pulse a few more times.
4. Add cheese, and seasoning and mix until combined.
5. Line a 9 x 15 cookie sheet with parchment paper and grease well.
6. Dump the cauliflower mixture into the middle of the sheet and spread out evenly.
7. Bake for 20 minutes. You can flip over the crust at 15 minutes, including the parchment paper, then removing the parchment paper from the top. Then bake 5 more minutes. This allows both sides to get crispy.
8. Cool while you prepare toppings and reduce oven to 375º.
1. Heat large skillet over medium heat and add the bacon. Cook just until the fat has rendered because it will get crispy in the oven. Remove bacon and drain on paper towel.
2. Reduce heat to low and add spinach and garlic, stirring well until spinach is wilted.
3. Brush pizza "dough" lightly with olive oil. Cover evenly with dollops of ricotta. Evenly sprinkle other cheeses on top. Add spinach and bacon.
4. Bake for about 25 minutes, until cheese and crust are golden and bubbly. Oh yum!