Monday, November 12, 2012

maple mascarpone mashed yams




This recipe came about as a result of me not being satisfied with another yam recipe I tried; it just wasn't quite it.  This combination grew in my mind and I must say it is really tasty (and simple).

makes about 6 servings
5 small yams or one ginormous one  (yes I know that's not really a word) or however many you need to serve the number of people you are feeding
1/2 cup mascarpone cheese (more or less to taste, available at the Green Barn in the dairy section. It is the most delicious sweet cream cheese)
1/4 cup maple syrup (more or less to taste)
sage leaves (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 350. Bake yam(s) directly on oven rack (with a pan underneath to collect any drippings) until soft (my huge one took about 2 hours). Let cool slightly. Peel off skin and mash.
2. Add mascarpone and maple syrup to taste.
3. Reheat in oven or on stovetop.
4. If you want a little garnish, heat some olive oil in a small skillet and fry sage leaves for a few minutes, until crispy. Drain on paper towels.






No comments:

Post a Comment