|a simple but fancy slow-cooker meal|
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/4-1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
3/4 cup brown rice, cooked (simmered with about 1 1/2 cup water for about 30 minutes or until tender)
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1 small head Boston lettuce, leaves separated
1. Combine sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and red pepper in slow cooker. Add chicken and turn to coat. Cook until chicken is cooked through and very tender, 6-7 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high.
2. About 35 minutes before serving, cook rice.
3. peel and cut away white pith of orange. Thinly slice then cut each slice in half. Fold in green onions.
4. Using two forks, gently shred the chicken into medium pieces and stir into cooking liquid.
5. Fill lettuce leaves with rice and top with chicken and orange mixture.