|a fresh, healthy, and filling side dish/salad|
2 avocados, halved lengthwise and pitted*
2 red grapefruit
1/4 cup plus 2 tsp lemon juice (1 large lemon)
3/4 tsp coarse salt
2 Tbsp chopped fresh tarragon or mint (plus more for garnish)
freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup olive oil
1. Brush 2 tsp lemon juice over avocados; set aside.
2. Halve grapefruit and remove segments of grapefruit by cutting out from between membranes. Transfer to a bowl, reserve juice.
3. Add 1/4 cup lemon juice, salt, chopped herbs to grapefruit juice; season with salt and pepper. Whisk in oil in a slow, steady stream.
4. Place each avocado half on a plate. Top with grapefruit then pour dressing on top. Garnish with extra herbs.
* I learned a neat trick. If you gently tap a sharp knife into the pit and twist, the pit should come out smoothly.
makes 4 servings
adapted from a Martha Stewart recipe