Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Broccoli Salad


here's a variation on a traditional broccoli salad
Ingredients:
5-6 cups broccoli florets
1/2 cup cooked bacon, crumbled
1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted (about 8 minutes at 300, stirring once)
1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
1 cup frozen peas, thawed, or fresh
1/2 cup raisins (which I didn't add, but it just tastes better with them)


1 cup plain yogurt (or mayo. I'm not a huge mayo fan, but I found out it does taste better with it. I tried making my own for the first time. I need to try again :)
The yogurt is the healthier way to go)
2 Tbsp. vinegar
1/4 cup honey


Combine broccoli, bacon, almonds, onion, peas, and raisins. In a separate bowl whisk together remaining ingredients. Add to salad and chill before serving.


serves 4-6

No comments:

Post a Comment